Since 2009, he has founded several projects, attending many workshops and played in venues including: Conservatorio B.Maderna (Cesena), DalVerme (Roma), Mu.Vi.Ment.S. Festival 2010 (Itri), Fondazione Giorgio Cini (Venezia), Festival C/off (Faenza), Schiume Festival (Venezia), Kernel Festival (Desio), NerosuBianco (Cesena), Tagofest VI (Massa), Florence Live Looping Festival (Firenze), Flussi2011 (Avellino), Spazio Elastico (Bologna), Barbur Gallery (Jerusalem), Rogatka (Tel Aviv), The Zimmer (Tel Aviv), Kreuzberg Pavillon (Berlin), Homework Festival (Bologna), Ravenna Festival (Ravenna), Teatro Fondamenta Nuove (Venezia), KNOT Gallery (Athens), Les Yper Yper (Thessaloniki), The Bee’s Mouth (Brighton), CafeOTO (London), HanaBi (Ravenna), Teatro Moderno (Agliana), O’ (Milan), Störung Festival (Barcelona), Quiet Cue (Berlin), Macao (Milan), Teatro Rossi Aperto (Pisa), Sonnenstube (Lugano).
Graduated in Food Science and Technologies and in Photography, formerly photographer he had exhibitions among others in Ravenna, Modena, Genova, Roma, Acireale, San Sebastian – Spagna, Dhaka – Bangladesh, a couple of artistic residence (Basque Country and Norway), published some books and worked with several commercial realities.
Presently working in the field of sound, Giovanni’s influence as a photographer lends itself perfectly to composing his sonic explorations. The infinite universe of sound is as long and broad as the visual possibilities available in photography, working a lot on field recordings and real time signals processing; the infinite universe of sounds we’ve every day all around us and their manipulation is the base of his modus operandi together with the study of resonat surfaces in the field.
He’s a member of AIPS (Archivio Italiano Paesaggi Sonori).
♢ Past Releases:
– Looking for Pleasure Destroyed Yourself, Palustre records, box of 2x mini CDr
– GW Ep | as Gray Whale, Palustre records, mini CDr
– WMfY, Audio Gourmet, digital download
– Killing HF Harlow | as Terrapin, Fratto9, CD
– in Sirenis, Danilo Montanari Editore, LP12″ gatefold
– I Misteri, Impulsive Habitat, digital download
– split w/Sublamp, Felt, c-40
– To Die for a Fur Coat, self released, CD
– Postcards from Italy, Oak, CD (AIPS collective)
– EP | as Lemures, Cronica, digital release
– split w/Kenny the Chimp, Felt, c-20
– Lemuria | as Lemures, Cronica, LP12″
– मेम वेर्म, Kohlhaas, LP12″ (hand screenprinted)
– split w/Nicola Ratti, Granny Records, EP7″
♢ Next Releases:
♢ Lemures are me (laptop, live electronics, quadraphonic control) and Enrico Coniglio (laptop, live electronics).
♢ Terrapin are me and Shaun McAlpine.
♢ Gray Whale was me and Simone Marzocchi on prepared trumpet.
::: NO MERCY FOR HUMAN :::
▲▲▲ download BIO ▲▲▲